Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Lead Engineer to join our Advanced Engineering team. This position is based at our Marshall, MI location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Lead Engineer will be supporting the Engine
Air Management team. In this role, you will be responsible for leading and
coordinating engineering project team activities for assigned programs and
projects associated with Engine Air Management product development. These
activities may involve interfacing with designers to create and release
drawings, coordinating prototype hardware, coordinating performance and
durability testing, leading design review and design for six sigma (DFSS)
activities, problem solving, failure analysis, and writing technical reports
Additionally, the Lead Engineer completes assigned projects and provides innovative suggestions and recommendations for new projects based upon technical knowledge and practical knowledge of divisional needs and strategic directions. The role will require frequent interaction with suppliers, customers, and Eaton manufacturing facilities. Achieving the desired results will require individual contributions as well as contributions attained as part of a team. In this role you will collaborate with team members and other regions in order to engage in problem solving, product improvement, and cost reduction.
what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the
world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery
become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like
you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Coordinate all product development work for assigned programs and ensures engineering objectives are met.
- Read and interprets engineering drawings and specifications. Develops and issues test procedures, and works with the team to create product specification in area of expertise.
- Practice consistency across product designs, processes and practices. Documents improvements to the engineering standard work processes used to engineer our products
- Conduct product/system analysis through simulation, FEA, calculations and related means. Understand and interpret results to identify problems, make change recommendations and make product/system improvements
- Create technical project plans and oversees the validation activities for new engineering concepts. Reports test results in a clear and concise manner, and makes design recommendations
- Champion development and implementation of new engineering systems and processes. Improves existing engineering systems and processes. Trains others in the use of engineering systems
- Learn and apply technical skills related to mechanical and electrical systems toward establishing new test methods and supporting new product development engineering activities
- Provide technical expertise for assigned program teams and acts as an internal consultant assisting others as needed
- Stay abreast of latest industry trends in area of expertise with the idea of incorporating latest technologies into the product development process
- Participate in customer activities with Sales to demonstrate product technology and engineering capabilities toward earning new business. Creates and performs product training program for customers and internal team members
- Comply with the policies, procedures, and expectations outlined by Eaton’s Management System for the Environment, Safety, Security, and Health (MESH) and Quality Management System
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
- Masters in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution
- 5 years of engineering experience in a product development environment
- 2 years of experience with vehicle engine technologies (advanced boosting, valves, valve actuation technology)
- Large scale, cross-functional project team experience
- Familiarity and experience using DFSS and/or DFM engineering tools
- Experience working with international locations and customers
Position Success Criteria:
- Self-motivated with strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision-making
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and make objective decisions based on engineering analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and achieve results
- Coaches/trains less experienced engineers
- Active member in relevant external councils, organizations, societies, committees, etc. and may co-author or write publications
- Participates in submitting patent disclosures and generating IP and publications in support of business needs
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH PDMP EAM
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time