Shipping Team Lead
Eaton’s Lighting business is currently seeking a Shipping Team Lead to join our team on 2nd Shift. This position is based at our Aurora, CO facility.
The primary function of the Shipping Lead is to work as part of a shipping team to ensure that daily shipment, production, warehouse, quality, and safety goals are met. This role will act as a coach/mentor to other associates and functions as a technical trainer and safety advocate to ensure safety is in the forefront and that the team performs the work in a safe manner. The Shipping Lead monitors and trains employees assigned to their area to ensure quality and efficiency of orders being shipped. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure fixtures are shipped out following shipping standard procedures. This includes wrap/strap, create deliveries/BOLs, complete SIC sheet, load, verify, and ship physically/systematically.
- Enter complete and accurate shipping information as required.
- Perform quality checks consistent with the inspection and control plans.
- Perform shipping reports required such as Daily Production updates, Open Deliveries, VL060,...
- Perform other activities assigned by management as needed.
- Use systematic tools to ensure all shipments are processed.
- Maintain equipment and work areas in a clean and orderly manner and maintain 5S.
- Work with various groups of employees in team based environment.
- Know and follow established job specific and site wide health and safety procedures and rules.
- Bring health and safety issues, unsafe acts and safety suggestions to management’s attention and educate others on proper procedures to ensure a safe environment.
- Actively participate in accident, injury and illness prevention activities.
- Identify and correct hazards and unsafe conditions.
- Provide specified technical training regularly for new hires and transfers.
- Serve as an active coach/mentor for less experienced employees daily on technical, procedural and safety related items.
- Act in accordance with Eaton Values and Philosophies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Shipping/Warehouse experience
Proficiency using Microsoft Excel, Word, & Outlook required
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Aurora, CO will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
1+ year experience successfully leading a team of people
- SAP experience
- Leadership Experience
Ability to work flexible hours including mornings, nights, and weekends with advanced notice.
Ability to work overtime.
Ability to work effectively in a team oriented environment.
Ability to effectively communicate technical information to non-technical associates to ensure learning.
Attention to detail and adaptability.
Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
Ability to act as an example and perform all job functions in adherence to Eaton’s philosophy and values, policies as well as the Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
Ability to lead/train others in accordance with technical training specifications.
Interpersonal Skills: Extent to which an individual gets along and interacts positively with co-workers. Degree and style of understanding and relating to others.
Learning: Desiring and making an effort to acquire new knowledge and skills for work. Concern for the acquisition of new job knowledge
Mentoring: Overall concern for the developmental level of an individual, a group of peers, or employees.
Initiative: Identifying and dealing with issues proactively and persistently; seizing teaching opportunities that arise; coming up with solutions.
Communication: Listens to others and communicates in an effective manner.
Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No