Power Systems Lead Engineer
Eaton's Electrical Services & Systems has an opening for a Power Systems Lead Engineer to join our team. This position will be based out of Bellevue, WA location. The position does offer relocation assistance.
The Power Systems Lead Engineer will be responsible for providing applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, power quality analysis, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training. Eaton has the largest and most experienced team of power system engineers in the industry, with industry-standard software and advanced modeling and analysis capabilities at their fingertips. This team brings extensive skills and experiences to power system analysis and design. Active participation in technical societies such as IEEE and collaboration with a variety of utilities and industries ensures that our engineers are knowledgeable about today’s cutting edge engineering techniques. We assist customers at every stage of the power system: from substation and distribution system design to renewable energy and smart grid engineering, from safety and reliability-focused studies to power quality and grounding related audits and analyses.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide applied engineering and technical consultation for customers in the areas of power systems studies, design, installation, startup, maintenance, repair and training.
- You will support others to ensure success of assigned projects including job cost accountability, quality, and quoted lead times.
- You will interpret specs and customer inquiries and design technical proposals and pricing for customers.
- You will provide technical solutions to customers that may involve equipment design or upgrades, testing of equipment, solutions relating to increase safety, reliability, or efficiency.
- You will mentor and lead other engineers with an emphasis on Commercial, Marketing, and Customer Relationships.
- You will run large studies and projects unassisted.
- You will provide Operational Support including but not limited to: Risk Review, Backlog Review, Job Log Review, Increased Negotiation and Proposal Support.
- You will participate in recruitment and interview assistance (Lominger Training).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Energy Systems Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience.
- PE License.
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Bachelor Degree focused in power.
- Active in Local IEEE.
- Technical Paper Authorship.
- Graduated Field Service Certification Level II.
Position Success Criteria:
- Short-Circuit, LV/MV Coordination, Arc Flash.
- Power Quality Measurements, Harmonic Analysis, Protection and Control.
- Advanced / Specialty Skills.
- Reliability Analysis.
- Transient Stability.
- Distribution System Design.
- Substation Design.
- Protection & Control Design.
- PLC / Automation.
- Alternate Energy.
- Project Management.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time