Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Shipping Dock Associate on 2nd Shift to join our new warehouse. This position is based at our Charlotte, NC facility.
The Shipping Dock Associate is responsible for picking and checking various types of orders as assigned while maintaining the required production levels, inventory accuracy, quality of orders picked and maintaining good housekeeping. This is a warehouse position requiring the use of powered equipment such as end riders/electric pallet jacks. All pickers are responsible to ensure that any single miscellaneous carton does not exceed approximately 25 lbs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where
bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Ensure that all orders are free from defects including order accuracy, carton conditions, and general appearance
- Check all orders for special comments and notes and making sure that they are understood and followed.
- Process shipments using SAP and identify nonconforming product and ensuring they are returned to correct location in a timely manner.
- Responsible for making sure that material in miscellaneous cartons are packed into the smallest carton available to maintain quality during shipment
- Responsible for housekeeping – keep aisles/back rail clean; Sweep floor
- Communicate any issues to lead and/or manager
- Need to be able to meet productivity standards
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working in a warehouse environment
- A minimum of 1 year of experience operating powered industrial equipment (electric pallet jack, forklift, etc.)
- Must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship on an ongoing basis.
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles Charlotte, NC in order to be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- A minimum of 1-year experience in RF technology
- Must be flexible, ability to adapt to changing schedule (i.e Hot orders, drop-in orders Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills
- Must be a team player, have a positive attitude
- Quality and Safety oriented
- Possesses solid communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Lifting up to 35 lbs. several times during the day
- When operating powered equipment, operators must be mobile enough to turn their body to look in the direction of travel
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No