Eaton’s Power Reliability Division is currently seeking a Production Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our South Milwaukee, WI facility.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for driving processes in their designated department through the Eaton Business Systems. In this role, you will assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager in the development of processes to achieve a zero-incident culture, maximize output, maintain machinery and reduce overall costs. Through these improvements, you will exceed the customers’ expectations by making sure that the organizational decision making is based on a process-oriented culture- to ensure the linkage from strategy to actions.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. In this role, you will:
- You will drive a Zero Incident Safety Culture
- You will align department requirements with Eaton’s Quality Management System
- You will manage department operations and prioritize production requirements to meet on-time delivery for our customers
- You will execute Eaton’s Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF): Create the basis for continuous improvement by ensuring that standardized processes are followed. Empower employees to improve the standard work and implement countermeasures when needed.
- You will promote a team environment and develop direct reports through problem solving skill sets and other cross-training opportunities. You will facilitate cooperation across shifts and among other department supervisors
- You will assist Management Team in determining personnel requirements, provide necessary training resources for new employees, and facilitate the job bidding process.
- You will monitor and provide employee coaching with respect to safety, quality and productivity performance (attendance, training, coaching, overtime, vacation requests etc.)
- You will assign daily work schedules and review in-process inventory reports to ensure alignment to business goals
- You will lead daily accountability meetings with a cross-functional team focused on departmental performance and issue resolution. Lead weekly department meetings to communicate safety topics, department or plant-wide activities, business updates and policy/procedural changes as needed
- You will monitor machinery, equipment and facility, and initiate maintenance work orders as required to ensure efficient and safe working conditions. Initiate and coordinate assistance as required from other support functions (e.g. Quality, Engineering, Supply Chain etc.)
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- 2 years of supervisory experience
- Lean/Six Sigma certifications
Position Success Criteria :
- Conflict resolution experience and strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to manage priorities and crisis situations
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and SAP
- Knowledge of manufacturing operation and quality methods and how these operations relate to problems within areas of responsibility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time