Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Lean Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Lincoln, IL facility.
The facility in Lincoln manufactures electrical distribution devices which have residential and light commercial applications. The primary manufacturing processes at the location includes metal fabrication, powder coating paint and product assembly.
Reporting to the plant Operations Excellence Manager, the Lean Manufacturing Engineer will lead initiatives to drive Lincoln's continuous improvement and cost reduction programs. This includes scheduling and leading kaizen events to drive improvements in productivity.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will implement Lean Manufacturing concepts , including Value Stream Map evaluation of current state production opportunities and the implementation of future state throughout all areas of operations
- You will evaluate manufacturing problems and implement improvements,
- You will increase safety and repeatability of existing processes,
- You will identify and investigate new technologies for improving manufacturing processes,
- You will generate and implement Engineering Change Notices enhancing product quality and reducing product cost,
- You will initiate, develop and manage capital improvement projects including manufacturing equipment, facility enhancements and new product start-ups,
- You will drive continuous improvement on the shop floor, including opportunities to improve Quality, Productivity, and cost reduction
- You will coordinate and complete multiple projects on schedule with minimal supervision.
- You will create user friendly pictorial work instructions for new and existing product builds
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing or operations environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- In-depth knowledge of sheet metal process, automated assembly, PLC or computer control devices, tooling, packaging, product design and manufacturing procedures and methods.
- Experience working with ISO 14001 (EMS)
- Knowledge of electrical principles
- Good written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Six Sigma Certification
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time