Senior Engineer - Electromagnetics Simulations
Job Title: Senior Engineer - Electromagnetics Simulations #072452
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Senior Engineer - Electromagnetics Simulations in Eaton India Innovation Center’s (EIIC), based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, and meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) within Modeling & Simulation
Your essential responsibilities:
1. Develops high fidelity electromagnetics models (numerical) related to drives, motors, power-electronics, circuit breakers, switch-gears etc. using ANSYS suite of tools.
2. Analyzes & Optimizes design/system through models hence enables ‘Analysis First Approach’ in product development.
3. Communicates effectively to internal stakeholders, Provides innovative solutions or concepts to product engineering partners
4. Mentors team members. Acts as the Technical Leader for large projects or multiple small projects.
If you are:
· Master’s Degree in Electrical from reputed institute
· Strong Fundamentals in Electromagnetics
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in magnetic simulation of Electrical Equipment
· Expertise with Finite Element Method (FEA) fundamentals as applied to Electromagnetics
· Hands on expertise with commercial Electromagnetic FEA tools and experience in mentoring team members
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time