Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Multi-Site Controller to join our
team. This position is based in
beautiful Raleigh, NC. This position has 1 direct report, sits on the plant
leadership team, reports to the plant manager, and functionally to the
controller for the Critical Power Solutions Business Unit.
Eaton’s finance function plays a critical part in making Eaton a Premier Power Management Company through world-class functional skills and efficiency, combined with impactful analysis and leadership as partners with operating management.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be a Leader - manage execution of all operational Finance and Accounting activities
- Manage the finance function through the development of financial processes to facilitate the requirement to deliver timely and accurate financial forecasts as well as timely and accurate month-end closing activities in order to provide accurate and timely operating results/statements/reports
- Develop and maintain an accounting system that assures the financial records are complete, accurate and in compliance with company policy including period end closing activities.
- Work with and supports other Financial team members within the Raleigh Area Plants (RAP) matrix organization
- Apply broad financial skills to drive an effective business partnership with Plant Manager, Plant Leadership team and divisional finance function incuding delivering proactive, insightful analysis
- Analyze business, operational and financial data to understand key business variables and effects on the business including price, cost, volume, mix and overhead
- Track and maintain cost savings projects and economic trends. You will proactively seek opportunities to improve results through cost reduction, increased margins and and effective capital management.
- Prepare the annual profit plan by gathering inputs from product marketing, production and F&A budget holders. You will prepare presentations to executive management.
- Work closely with the supply chain team and other departments within the organization in driving key metrics in order to drive operational improvement.
- Prepare and review Sarbanes-Oxley documentation along with improving financial and business practices.
- Provide overall direction and development to the finance team focusing on bringing in high potential individuals into the organization, and building the capability of the existing team. The Plant Controller will continually raise the bar on their team performance, and find creative and meaningful ways to build the skills within their function to help lead premier performance.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited educational institution
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in Accounting or Finance related positions
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Experience in cost accounting, financial planning, and forecasting
- Ability to think strategically and see big picture in dynamic business environment
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment; to communicate articulately and professionally across many organizational levels and functions
- Highly motivated, works with a sense of urgency, driven to add value and deliver results
- Attentive to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to operate with high regard to integrity, trust, and confidentiality, ethics
- Strong working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and SOX
- Ability to demonstrate attention to detail, personally committed to work quality and able to learn from mistakes
- Ability to demonstrate intermediate to expert level proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Related Master’s Degree or MBA
- Previous experience in systems including SAP, Oracle Financials and Khalix
- Prior experience working in a manufacturing plant, preferably for an engineered or configured to order business
- Experience with internal and external Audits
- Experience as a Manager of People
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time