Lean Manufacturing Engineer
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Lean Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Hastings, NE facility.
The Lean Manufacturing Engineer will support production by training Frontline Leaders and operators on use of Lean tools; conducting lean events such as Kaizens, and Value Stream Mapping (VSM’s), and Rapid Improvement Events (RIE’s).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will train Frontline Leaders, Engineers, QA, Staff, and Operators in use of Lean Tools
- You will coordinate Lean events with Frontline Leaders, Engineers, QA, Staff, and Operators
- You will be responsible for maintaining and storing documentation for Lean audits
- You will be responsible for submitting cost savings related to Lean manufacturing
- You will plan and coordinate Kaizen Events, VSM’s, RIE’s and assures that all Safety procedures are followed.
- You will work with other Eaton facilities to benchmark or be benchmarked in areas of lean manufacturing, 6S, and other continuous improvement activities.
- You will provide assistance to production personnel in implementing improvement ideas and other resources they may need.
- You will team with Mini-Plants to drive CI and the CI Foundation.
- You will follow all environmental health and safety procedures and practices to assure a safe work environment. Identifies and corrects unsafe conditions or practices to assure a safe work environment for all employees.
- You will maintain lean records.
- You will prepare for and manage Lean audits.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum of an internship or co-op in a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- Six Sigma Green and/or Black Belt certification
- ASQ CQE certification
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Working knowledge of the use of problem solving tools
- Project management skills
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time