Associate Analyst - General Ledger & Fixed Assets
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to a Associate Analyst - General Ledger & Fixed Assets
has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded
company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by
the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with
SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be
offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The
Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy,
strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and
long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly
traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively
employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly
traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation,
health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no
expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially
similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
· Compare cash receipt and disbursement activity on general ledger and bank statements. The incumbent identifies any activity not appearing on both mediums as a reconciling item.
· Discuss and seek to resolve, with bank and/or personnel, discrepancies between the bank and general ledger, which require corrective action.
· Provide the bank reconciliations and supporting documentation to the Treasury, Financial Accounting, Payroll, Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Departments as well as to Divisions for the purpose of clearing reconciling items as necessary.
· Trace reconciling items from the general ledger back to originating entries and evaluate the validity of correcting entries with the transaction originator.
· Collect and coordinate, on a monthly basis, bank statements and related supporting documentation from banks, Divisions and internal Accounting Departments. Includes the need to use on-line banking systems to obtain and investigate bank account information.
· Provide assistance in the escheatment process by the coordination, identification and proper resolution of old outstanding checks.
· Ensure compliance to Z-7 policy of financial policy, Sarbanes Oxley Act – Electronic Audit Evidence
·Coordinate and assist with interim and year-end Ernst & Young testing of general ledger cash balances.
·Actively participate in continuous improvement programs and committees.
·Maintain positive relationships with customers, both internal & external. Ensure professional and appropriate communications.
·Know and comply with policies: Global Ethics, Values and Philosophy, Management Environmental Safety and Security and Health (MESH).
Other activities assigned by supervisor or special requirements from management or company.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or
related field from an accredited institution required
· 3-5 years of relevant experience in Accounts payable domain
· BPO/Customer service industry experience essential, preferably captive shared service experience
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Structured approach to problem solving and ability to analyze a situation to identify the root cause
· Good knowledge of internal controls especially SOX requirements
· Ability to work within a team environment
ERP knowledge preferably SAP
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-TG2
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only