Eaton’s Power Quality Division is currently seeking a Lead Firmware Engineer to join our team! This position is based at our Raleigh, NC facility.
Do you want to expand your knowledge in exciting and emerging technology areas?
If so we have an opportunity for you to join a team that works well together in a friendly, supportive and learning environment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
•Work with talented engineers who will work closely with you to develop the next generation products
•Learn, code, test, design, resolve design issues and contribute to delivering design improvements to reach the goal of launching new features and new products into our growing IT, IOT and Edge markets.
•Be more knowledgeable, experienced, and ready to contribute more - you will be well known to the team and will be assigned more interesting and important design tasks to provide more opportunities for you to grow.
•Be asked to provide the team your feedback to improve the group in design, products, process, and tools. We are constantly investigating technology trends like artificial intelligence that could improve our products and process, and you will be provided the opportunity to contribute to the team in this area as well.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Can you bring the required (basic) qualifications?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering/Technology or Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with embedded software or firmware
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
If you are really awesome, you would have these preferred qualifications:
- Understanding of single-phase and three-phase power systems and power distribution
- Design experience with UPS and/or power electronic products for high reliability
- Experience in design of closed loop control system
- Experience leading a cross-functional, world-wide development
- Project management experience
- Understanding of Real Time Operating Systems (FreeRTOS or ThreadX preferred), Communications Techniques, Control Theory, Structured Analysis/ Design and Power Electronics
- Experience with SNMP, CAN, USB, TCP/IP communications protocols
- Knowledge and experience of C, C++, and the embedded processors assembly language
- Knowledge and experience programming DSP processors, TI fixed-point processors as well as microcontroller peripherals including PWM, A->D, and D->A converters, PLD’s, and Flash memory
- Experience with BSP development and middle-ware integration.
- Your ability to read schematics and interpret the behavior of electronic systems.
- Your ability to analyze and troubleshoot analog and digital control circuitry.
- Hands-on PCB bring-up, testing and debugging
- MATLAB,SVN, GIT or similar experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD DPQ Distributed Power Quality
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time