Welder - 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Aerospace Division is currently seeking a Welder to join our team. This position is based at our Beltsville, MD facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will operate automatic strip cut off machine, manual and automated welding machines, and shear to width machine and read process sheet and blueprint for the work order Plasma, Tungsten(TIG) arc and Argon gas Welding for high nickel alloys
You will program, set-up, and operate all welding equipment in cell and set up troubleshooting and operation of cell machines
You will be responsible for finished parts conformity to print or specification
You will measure seals using tools such as micrometers, pi tape, gauge, venires, etc. by checking dimensions as indicated on the blueprints
You will document and control dimension using the SPC (statistically process control)
You will complete and maintain production line logs
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one year work experience
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of the Eaton Beltsville facility will be considered.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Minimum one year of experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred
- Strong math skills and ability to read/interpret engineering drawings, including GD&T strongly preferred
- Candidate must be able to pass required certifications
- You must be able to lift up to 35 pounds within any given day. The job could require standing on your feet anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. Will require focus evaluations from close proximity and frequent use of hand to eye coordination.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No