Sr. Electrical Test Technician
Eaton’s Electrical Division is seeking a Senior Electrical Test Technician to join our first shift team. This position will be based at our brand new El Paso, TX facility.
The Sr. Electrical Test Technician will plan, electronically / electrically test, and inspect Motor Control Center cell assemblies and structures as part of final product testing in order to verify correct product function. Perform troubleshooting and repair as required. Do this according to specifications, test and working procedures. Interface with customers, internal engineering, field services and product management to support customer requests and requirements. Act as Manufacturing Consultant for Customer Witness Tests and Customer Inspections. Provide updates to Supervisors, Customer Service and Staff for products build, assembly or ship status. Participate and/or lead in the design and delivery of training for new and existing testers. Participate and lead continuous improvement efforts for the assembly and testing of MCC products.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will prepare apparatus for test and inspections in accordance with procedures and test specifications.
- You will connect products to be tested to test equipment, monitor gauges and meters, verify and record results
- You will comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
- You will read and interpret blueprints & schematics
- You will inspect cells, panels and components for appearance, omissions, damage, and electro-mechanical malfunction.
- You will work in conjunction with Engineering, Quality Control, etc., concerning test procedures, specifications and problems.
- You will make recommendations to other personnel concerning assembly, checking, calibration, and wiring procedures.
- You will conduct or assist with customer witness tests as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years manufacturing experience OR an Electronics/Electrical related certification, apprenticeship, or degree.
- No relocation is provided for this position, only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the El Paso, TX facility will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- 2-5 years of electrical testing experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience testing and troubleshooting motor control centers
- Verifying mechanical and/or electrical engineering disciplines for product design
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Electronics/Electrical Engineering
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time