Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking an Electrical Repair Technician on 1st Shift. This position will be located at our Raleigh, NC facility.
Perform testing, troubleshooting, and repairs on UPS units, electronic assemblies and PCB’s to ensure products meet defined specifications. Work to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), bill of materials, manufacturing information, and instructions from Management or Engineers. Read and interpret electronic schematics for UPS Systems, electronic assemblies and Printed Circuit Boards. Responsible for visually inspecting repaired units and assemblies to ensure compliance with Raleigh Plant Quality standards.
In this function you will:
Work to blueprints, engineering drawings, bills of material, and wire charts of complex nature, a wide variety of models and systems as well as verbal instructions.
Check and maintain test equipment to ensure compliance with ISO 9000:2000 standards and calibration standards.
Maintain test racks, cords, cables and fixtures in reliable operating condition in compliance with ISO 9000:2000 standards
Identify and implement corrective actions for the repair, replacement and calibration of laboratory tools and manufacturing equipment
Use hand and power tools to complete repairs, assemblies and subassemblies. Use various fixtures, gauges, and assembly tools to assemble, adjust, or repair product.
Frequently lift subassemblies and parts weighing up to 50 pounds while completing assembly process. Frequent standing and bending while assembling products.
Foster an environment that promotes Eaton’s goals, philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement through participation and teamwork. Provide cross training with peer technicians on the product, test equipment, procedural, and formal communication aspects of the job function. Assist team in achieving plant and department goals. Adhere to all environmental, health and safety policies, procedures and work instructions
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Associate’s degree in Electronics OR Electrical from an accredited institution
Minimum 1 year of experience in testing, troubleshooting and repairing electronic equipment and Printed Circuit Boards.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 60-mile radius of Raleigh, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Previous experience with product electrical assembly, maintenance and/or repair.
- Experience with DC battery voltages and currents
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications
- Must posses knowledge necessary to test and troubleshoot UPS units, electronic assemblies, rectifiers, inverters, static switches and Printed Circuit Boards.
- Basic knowledge of Electronic Test Measurement Devices, equipment and techniques.
- Basic computer knowledge of Windows based operating systems and programs.
- Ability to use good judgment and problem solving skills to make informed decisions
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read and understand formal, informal drawings, and/or engineering drawings
- Knowledge and experience trouble shooting Printed Circuit Boards, electronic assemblies, or electronic devices.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex blueprints, work instructions and engineering documentation.
- Basic working knowledge and experience with computers.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to frequently stand and bend
- Ability to distinguish colored wiring
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No