Eaton’s BLine division is currently seeking a Division Manufacturing Engineering Manager to join our team.
The Division Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for:
Planning, organizing, and management of Divisional manufacturing engineering activities which includes advance manufacturing engineering team management, capital planning, strategic vision, budget management, prioritization and coordination of execution, manufacturing engineering technical direction and building organizational functional competency within manufacturing engineering teams across the division.
- Support initiatives to improve EHS culture; Participate in a EHS team (Ergo, Safety, RAMP, etc.)
- Provide manufacturing engineering strategy, coaching and technical direction to the Division for driving and building excellence in manufacturing core competencies, set highly efficient and productive processes according to the Division needs.
- Set a strategic vision about Capital management and investment through leveraging new or emerging technologies that could drive efficiency and productivity. Define in conjunction with mfg. sites strategy for proactive and effective equipment refurbishments, redundant capacity, or replacements aligned to support current and future market needs, trends and business growth strategy.
- Execution of capital profit plan on time and from a spending stand point.
- Lead and build expertise in core processes through Divisional Advance Manufacturing Engineering team for driving excellence in productivity and flawless execution from manufacturing processes for NPI, VAVE, CP and CI projects.
- Drive and support cost reduction initiatives by leading and fostering manufacturing engineers (ME) to detect waste, enhance quality and increase productivity through pursuing process, method or technology enhancements. Promote a culture of continuous improvement within the ME function.
- Evaluate current ME talent across the division to develop and increase technical knowledge to build organizational capability. Facilitate training and development of personnel as required and develop and nurture key engineering talent through the coaching of Advance Manufacturing Engineers.
- Support and/or participate with Continuous Improvement Activities such as: Kaizen, VA/VE events, cost out and/or demonstrate improvements in goals year over year in our processes or practices aligned to achieve or business goals and/objectives.
- Counsel to other functions within the organization relative to production feasibility and process development.
- Reviews all capital equipment purchases recommendations, relative to technical and cost justification. Performs the operational analysis and in conjunction with the Division Finance Team, performs the financial analysis to evaluate the feasibility and financial return of proposed projects.
- Ensures the efficient integration of new processes and systems into the manufacturing operation.
- Responsible for evaluating, planning and directing all facilities design projects for the B-Line Division.
- Support divisional sites to implement and/or maintain maintenance management systems for critical production equipment.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
At Eaton, We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Engineering required.
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in manufacturing.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with aggressive deadlines.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing, six sigma, DOE, capability studies, process mapping, FMEA, and root cause analysis.
- Experience managing engineering or manufacturing functions and building organizational capability.
- ISO/QS-9000 or ISO/TS16949 certification experience preferable.
- Experience with Welding, Punching, Cutting, Controls, Painting, Forming, Roll forming Packaging and Assembly Engineering
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering preferred.
- Strong ethics and professional presence required
- Learner. Stay on top of new technologies, processes and industry trends related to B Line business.
- Negotiation skills and experience with equipment suppliers.
- Abilities and skills for coaching others from ME and leadership stand point
- Project and pro launch management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sense of urgency
- Proactive and organized.
- Financial acumen to determine projects ROI
- Teamwork player
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time