Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer join our team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI facility.
The Senior Supplier Quality Engineer is functionally responsible for monitoring and measuring supplier performance and ensuring robust root cause and corrective actions are implemented for supplier non-conformities leading to customer escapes, internal rework/rejection and scrap. In this role, you will develop process improvements and cost control programs throughout the plant. You will review customer/industry/internal specifications to ensure compliance with stated requirements. You will provide technical support to operations, customers, and suppliers. You will perform formal problem solving for internal and external suppliers. You will communicate supplier escapes and implemented corrective actions at all levels of the organization. You will provide training/mentoring in quality toolbox. You will supervise others as required.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role, you will:
- Complete Sr. Supplier Quality Engineering assignments with minimal supervision.
- Direct the disposition and investigation of returned material and internal non-conforming product. Insure that actions around top pareto items are identified and completed.
- Develop focus suppliers through implementation/improvement of APQP tools (PFMEA, Process Flow Diagram, Control Plans, Process Capability Studies, Measurement Systems Analysis, etc.).
- Focus on internal & external supplier caused nonconformances to identify root cause and implement corrective action(s) to prevent future nonconformances.
- Deploy Eaton Business System tools, where appropriate or required, to improve Quality Management System effectiveness (i.e. EQMS, ELSS, WISPER, QLI/QBP, etc.).
- Assure that product shipped meets internal and external customer requirements.
- Process expert in corrective actions using 8D, 5 Why, and lean tools.
- Perform supplier audits to verify corrective actions or supplier internal quality systems.
- Provide technical expertise to both internal and external suppliers.
- Formulate and implement quality assurance procedures, policies, and standards. Ensure these documents align with the recognized Aerospace Quality System Standard as well as Eaton Objectives, Policies and Procedures.
- Process expert in MSA and process capability studies for key and significant characteristics.
- Provide technical guidance to less experienced Quality Engineers especially on quality toolbox and continuous improvement concepts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum two (2) years’ experience working in a supplier quality or quality engineering role
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Jackson, MI facility will be considered.
Experience in performing Quality Audits is preferred.
Useable skills with MS Office software are preferred.
Ability to read and understand blue prints, specifications, and requirements.
Knowledge of assembly operations, gauging, and quality assurance systems (ISO 9001, AS9100).
ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (MOQ/OE) is preferred.
Position requires interaction with customers, customer representatives, auditors, regulatory agencies and all internal departments/functions/levels.
- Limited travel may be required (<25%)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time