The Connected System’s team within the Lighting Division of Eaton, is looking for an experienced general manager who will report directly to the Connected Systems VP/GM and will manage the Ephesus Sports Lighting Business out of Syracuse, NY.
This general manager will have commercial P&L leadership responsibilities and overall growth, profitability, achievement of profit plan including project deployment (service), product management, product marketing, operations, and channel development for Ephesus. This position will be responsible for identification, development, and execution of short term and long-term initiatives to support profitable growth and successful new product introductions. Specifically, this role will focus on continuing a technology leadership culture, progressing our IoT strategy of solving higher complexity problems through connectivity, and delivering a sports lighting system that creates the ultimate fan experience for recreational, collegiate, and professional sports venues.
- Continuously gathers and analyzes competitive product information, vertical market trends/drivers and customer insights to ensure successful commercialization of new products including achieving revenue/margin targets.
- Recommends and develops marketing strategies and programs along with promotional materials to increase market share of existing products in the sports lighting market and adjacent market segments.
- Analyzes pricing structure relative to pricing levels in the market place. Continuously monitors the market to ensure competitive pricing structure relative to competition while meeting margin objectives.
- Financial projections and budgeting process as required supporting monthly, quarterly, yearly targets.
- Turn key project delivery of sports lighting systems including application design, quotation, proposal, negotiation, and project management.
- Responsible for meeting KPI’s around SQDCI (service, quality, delivery, cost, and inventory) and works hand in hand with supply/demand planning teams and Operations director to achieve.
- Work with product platforms and sales to build a GTM (go to market) strategy with required launch and training plans.
- Directs and manages talent management – assessing current team members, identifying needs, selecting talent, and developing current employees to ensure “bench strength” and continued development and advancement of top talent within the organization
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 7 years of professional Sales, Marketing and/or Product management experience.
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience working with complex system solutions.
• Minimum of 3 years of commercial P/L management.
• Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
• Strong competency in LED and controls technology with emphasis on emerging connectivity and IOT trends
• Experience in new product development and technical program management
• Comprehensive knowledge of technical systems and products
• Strong work ethic, flexibility, and a desire to actively contribute to the group’s success.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Multi-Function Executive
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Director
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time