Eaton’s Lighting Division is currently seeking a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join our team.
This position is based at our Peachtree City, GA facility.
You will have overall responsibility for the development and execution of the Lighting Supply Base specific to LED’s, Electronic Components, EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) providers, Connectors, and PCB’s. You will interface with New Product Development Groups, Manufacturing, R&D, Marketing, Finance, Quality and Distribution.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will have overall responsibility for the development and execution of the Cooper Lighting Supply Base - specific to LED’s, Electronic Components, EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) providers, Connectors, and PCB’s.
- You will drive productivity for all components and services. This extends as well to supporting our PFGR spend category, when applicable. Specific cost productivity targets will be assigned each year and adjusted as prices fluctuate.
- You will lead cross-functional teams to develop category strategies to achieve total value improvement, cost optimization, and overall supply base rationalization. Manage and drive year-over-year price improvements.
- You will negotiate complex agreements with global, regional or local suppliers. Contracts to maximize savings and service level, including performance clauses and all other terms and conditions.
- You will develop category sourcing plans and lead resources in the identification of potential suppliers, requirements documentation, RFI and RFQs, bid and price analysis, negotiation with contract awards, and supplier performance management.
- You will create strategic sourcing plan to ensure value is achieved through a systematic approach for specific categories of spend.
- You will develop strong support relationships with functional leaders and key site operations personnel across global, regional and local businesses. Utilize negotiations and influencing skills as needed to gain support from across many levels of the organization.
- You will communicate with all levels of the organization on performance to key metrics and project status as required.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing or Purchasing.
- Must live within 60 miles of Peachtree City, GA. Relocation is not offered for this position.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without sponsorship.
advanced degree from an accredited institution.
Experience with suppliers on an international scale and with a concentration specifically in Asia
- Proven track record of successful implementation of annual cost savings through negotiation, supplier VAVE, product redesign and effective supplier development/resourcing efforts.
- Experience in a large cross-functional matrix organization with a high number of new product launches each year.
- Experience with procurement of components and purchased finished goods that require LED’s, Electronic Components, EMS (Electronic Manufacturing Services) providers, Connectors, and PCB’s.
- Direct experience with SAP Procurement and Material Management Functions
Position Success Criteria:
- The ability to work independently and take on additional responsibilities
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within and influence cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time