- Understand the needs and issues of the business and partner the commercial leader on potential business impact on operating strategies, cost control, process and business actions and decisions.
- Assessing Business cases and ensuring cost benefit analysis is robust.
- Preparation and presentation of financial data and profitability reports and analysis for communication to the leadership team.
Ensure appropriate commercial and risk management processes are in place and support the business in the management of material commercial judgments and actions.
- Ensuring the accuracy and integrity of reporting and forecasting and working to improve processes and procedure.
- Build people, process and system capabilities to drive continuous improvements
- Work with local staff and GFSS( Accounting shared service center) to make sure all transactions are properly booked and conducted in compliance.
- Develop and coordinate monthly forecasts, goals and objectives, profit plans, strategic plans, monthly financial reconciliations and reporting and analysis for the organization.
- Review, analyze and evaluate financial data and information for accuracy, consistency and transparency. Maintain integrity of financial reporting prepared for the organization.
- Interpret, implement and monitor corporate policies and procedures, ensure financials are reported in compliance with GAAP and local statutory requirements.
- Provide support and guidance to the customer service and SCM team in Osaka office and supervise warehouse in Mishima.
- Monitor achievement against plan and recommend action plans to re-establish performance objectives in line with agreed targets.
- Identify opportunities and weaknesses within territories and make proposals to create value and increase operational efficiency.
- Working with HR and Finance to develop and administer Sales Incentive Plans.
- Organize yearly quota settling and sales attainment tracking and interface with East Asia commercial operations.
- CPA qualified, with at least ten years’ finance experience of which at least 5 years must be at Financial Controller level
- Experience in a similar industry will be advantageous, as will international experience.
- Candidates must have a proven track record in financial management and accounting, preferably developed in a distribution, import/export or product-related environment.
- Suitable candidates will possess broad accounting skills and should ideally be highly computer literate.
- In addition to good interpersonal relationship skills and influencing ability, the individual should also possess a track record in staff management and extensive experience in a sales and marketing and distribution environment.
- US GAAP
- SOX experience / exposure
- Familiarity with the Singapore statutory reporting requirements
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: EA East Asia
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time