Team Lead - Medium Assembly - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Team Lead – Medium Assembly – 1st Shift to join our team. This role is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility.
The Team Lead is responsible for planning, controlling and motivating the efforts of team members to meet customer requirements/order rates, ensuring that the lean production process is running as designed, and meeting Safety, Quality, and Delivery, Cost and Inventory goals. The Team Lead regularly uses a process to track and follow-up on assigned tasks. The Team Leader is responsible for directing team members and communicating with other team leads within and between shifts. This position works under the guidance of the Value Stream Manager and production Supervisor, exercising initiative and independent judgment as needed.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead a team of hourly personnel in a specific department to fulfill customer requirements and order rates by producing quality products in a safe and timely manner utilizing standard work.
- You will gather information for updating hourly pacing and WIP boards, achieve Safety, Quality, Delivery, and Cost, Inventory targets through daily and weekly analysis of production data as assigned.
- You will align resources, people, and work and lead the team start-up meetings and shift changes.
- You will review prior day’s production-tracking documents to understand root cause of issues and review hourly personnel’s daily task assignments to create new assignments to hit Takt time.
- You will assist in resolving assembly or quality problems, report manufacturing and design issues to Engineering, report part shortage issues to production control, and generate ECR’s and DMT’s as required.
- You will assist in the debugging and startup of new equipment, or assembly new, special, or experimental products in conjunction with Manufacturing Engineering and Product Engineering departments.
- You will establish preventative actions to meet specific Safety & Environmental Goals and conducts regularly scheduled 6S, safety.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years of Transformer Assembly Experience (Lincoln or Badger).
- A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Relocation benefits not
included. Only candidates living within 50 miles of Waukesha WI will be
considered. Active Duty Military
Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area
- A minimum of one-year Transformer assembly experience (Lincoln or Badger) preferred.
Position Success Criteria:
- Effective written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to influence others to achieve specific goals. Proficient in Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); SAP a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time