Credit and Collections Representative
Eaton’s Aerospace Group is currently seeking a Credit and Collections Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Grand Rapids, Michigan facility.
The Credit and Collections Representative is responsible for managing receivables to minimize financial risk and maximize accounts receivable collections.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will manage a portfolio of customers averaging 200 customer accounts and $10-$15million in accounts receivable with regards to receivable collections, order review and release. This will include, but not limited to customers with special terms and conditions.
- You will negotiate customer disputes to final resolution and document root cause. Suggests process improvements and proposes possible solutions, including, but not limited to reducing terms and improving work process. Analyzes reoccurring issues and take preventative actions when appropriate.
- You will interface with internal customers such as sales/marketing, customer service, contracts, shipping and cash application to facilitate payment, resolve discrepancies, and reduce past dues
- You will retain accurate credit and collection files for audit purposes and to assist in the development of collection strategies. Maintains accurate and applicable collection notes to ensure appropriate follow up.
- You will forecast and communicate the impact of aged receivables to Credit department management team.
- You will actively participate in major departmental projects and leads minor departmental projects to assist in driving quality improvements, processes and initiatives.
- You will provide financial support to Supply Chain and sales and Marketing personnel to control credit exposure, effect timely payment, and minimize the risk of customer disputes.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office, Internet, and related computer skills
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All candidates considered must live within 50 miles of Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Bachelors Degree – Finance/Accounting (preferred)
- Business to Business Credit/Collection Experience
- Effectively securing prompt payment from customers while employing commercial sensitivity, business acumen, and good judgement
- Experience utilizing an online Accounts Receivable and Order Management Systems
- Demonstrated Effective Customer Service Skills
- Demonstrated Effective Negotiation Skills
- Apply basic accounting principles in the interpretation of customer financial statements
- Effective business writing and professional communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER Aerospace Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time