Eaton’s CDPA Division of Eaton’s Electrical Systems and Services Group is currently seeking a Materials Supervisor. This position is based at our El Paso, Texas facility. Relocation assistance will be provided.
This is a unique opportunity to lead the effort to build a new operation as production in El Paso gets started.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Manage plant supply chain performance, including quality, cost and on-time delivery performance.
- Understand the MRP/ERP functions and rules and continuously drives for improvements in the system (usage, accuracy, compliance, etc.).
- Manage and review inputs (SIOP, cycle counting, physical inventory, profit planning) and controls (min. /max. levels, lead times, etc.) of the ordering process to ensure that inventory levels (purchase parts, WIP, finished goods, consignment, in-transit etc.) to meet Plant, Division and Corporate expectations.
- Balance and coordinate the workloads and responsibilities of the employees within the Materials Planning / Scheduling function to support Plant level metrics in the areas of Financial Performance (overtime efficiency, on-time delivery, top line sales) by leveraging lean principles and plant balance (level loading, ship ahead schedules, etc.)
- Provide input, support and guidance regarding the Sales, Inventory, Operating and Planning (SIOP) process and uses the process to drive improvements into the Materials Planning / Scheduling function to ensure adequate resources are identified, financial goals met, and customers are satisfied.
- Coordinate with divisional purchasing resources to integrate supply base strategies, performance and improvements while minimizing disruption to manufacturing.
- Manage the contracts and performance of MRO suppliers
- Focus on inventory accuracy by maintaining a formalized inventory cycle counting procedure with root cause analysis to drive corrective action.
- Model the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and complies with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable.
- Identify and implement cost reduction opportunities by reviewing supplier capabilities, material options, and processing requirements
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Supply Chain in a manufacturing environment
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, or supply chain related field
- Valid APICS certification
- Previous experience managing direct reports
- 5+ years of material planning experience
- Previous experience in a manufacturing startup or ERP implementation in strongly preferred
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time