Eaton’s Corporate Headquarters is seeking a Internal Audit Supervisor. The Internal Audit Supervisor will be based at our Beachwood, OH facility.
The Internal Audit Supervisor is responsible for leading financial and operational audits to evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations.
In this function you will:
- Conduct audits in assigned areas, under the supervision of the audit leader, in accordance with audit programs to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations.
- Prepare written audit findings and recommendations for discussion with local management.
- Present opening and closing meetings with audit locations.
- Produce clear, concise, neat, accurate work papers in timely way.
- Present audit outcome in a clear and concise manner.
- Follows-up and review implemented Management Action Plans and Audit findings remediation with limited direct supervision of the Audit Manager.
- Serve as team member and participates in special projects, on an as needed basis.
- Maintain cultural awareness and is able to work with professionalism in multicultural/multilingual environment in other countries.
- Performs EY direct assistance and SOX QARs with minimal supervision of Audit Manager.
- Complete all company and departmental specific on-boarding requirements.
- Operate as a team member with one of Internal Audit's continuous improvement teams: Audit Observation Trending Report (AOTR), Test Steps/Data Analytics, Knowledge Sharing and Guest Auditor.
- Gather information as part of the annual Risk Assessment process, Identifying risks and weaknesses and to the preparation of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Counsel as an expert (for moderate to low level complexity issues) for accounting, compliance and Internal Controls matters
- Plan and supervise the daily activities in the performance of internal audits and special projects to evaluate the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls, business processes, and procedures at Eaton operations.
- Critically review planning and fieldwork for the audit team, providing valuable on the job coaching/training and written performance evaluations.
- Coordinate with the other Eaton functional teams (HR, Law, Ethics) in the investigation of reported or suspected activities.
- A bachelor’s degree In Accounting, Finance or Business Administration from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of five (5) years of internal/external audit experience or a minimum of (five) 5 years of accounting and/or finance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within a 50 mile radius of the Beachwood, OH facility will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced degree (MBA or Masters in Accountancy)
- CPA, ACCA, CIA, CMA, CFE
- ERP system experience (Oracle, SAP, MFG/Pro)
- Knowledge in IFRS and U.S. GAAP or local GAAP (outside U.S.).
- Proficient in Internal Audit key concepts (risk-based audits, financial audits).
- Proven experience in documenting and testing controls.
- Proven experience in identifying risks and weaknesses and developing audit procedures to assess the design and operating effectiveness of internal controls to mitigate risks.
- Proficient in accounting methods and applicable financial accounting requirements, under U.S. GAAP.
- Strong knowledge of Tax, Risk and Treasury strategies applicable to business.
- Proven experience in working in a manufacturing environment.
- Familiar with common Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems such as Oracle, SAP and MFG/Pro.
- Ability to identify weaknesses and develop and present recommendations for improvements to local management.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to make sound recommendations, and to articulate benefits / results to business unit goals. Ability to influence process improvement and suggest innovative process solutions.
- Understanding of basic components of project management and is able to break down large tasks into smaller components.
- Ability to make sound recommendations, and to articulate benefits / results to Business Unit goals. Ability to influence process improvement and suggest innovative process solutions
- Ability to lead and motivate audit teams on assigned audits/projects, including assignment of work, monitoring of progress, review of results, performance feedback, coaching, and providing on-the-job training and development to team members, to deliver expected results and meeting deadlines
- Advanced/intermediate level of expertise in non-traditional audit areas, processes or projects (e.g., SOX Coordinator, government contracts)
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time