Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Welder to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will receive, support and interpret work assignment from supervisor or production control system.
- You will input information into data collection system as required using computer.
- You will work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral or written instructions or prototypes.
- You will check drawings, sketches and manufacturing information for accuracy. Use calipers, tape measures or other measuring devices as required.
- You will weld parts using proper machine settings and rod or wire and gas selections.
- You will manually locate details on complex assemblies in welding sequence for a variety of non repetitive structural assembly fabrication, with or without fixtures.
- You will design and fabricate fixtures to aid in the welding process.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or GED from accredited institution
- Welding Certification from a accredited institution
- Relocation is not provided. Only candidates residing within a 60 mile radius of Greenwood, SC will be considered.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Ability to complete a weld sample demonstration that will undergo a pull strength assessment, which is evaluated by a third party source.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No