Would you like to make a difference to the environment? Do you want to work for a global and ethical company? Join us and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that make a real impact.
Finance Planning Analyst
Location: Oslo, Norway
The position reports directly to the NO sales organization controller. This role is instrumental to manage financials performance of the NO sales organization, and to act as a support and backup for PQ Denmark on the task NO sales organization controller is performing.
Your main duties:
• Assist in month end close routines
• Responsible for internal salary process in cooperation with outsourcing company
• Management and Development of Financial Performance metrics
• Analysis of support overheads (actuals, budget variances and forecasts) as determined by the Controller
• Local responsible for follow-up of AP processes and daily follow-up, cooperation with AP responsible in Finland
• Financial reconciliations of GL accounts
• Support all internal/external/SOX audit and compliance activities
• MIS and PL Encore reporting (daily/monthly)
• Provide full support to the Controller dealing with the ever-changing needs of the business and perform other ad-hoc duties as required
• Responsible for controlling new part cost updates and yearly revision of TP
• Utilize OBIEE and SAP BW for financial analysis
• Develop relationship with key internal customers, partner with the process teams and with other functions and shared service centers. (GFSS + Finland)
• Ad-hoc analysis and projects as required.
• Creating and controlling of SAP/Oracle journals which Finland book/upload
• Be or become super user in SAP, share SAP knowledge with Finance team
• Lead cooperation with external auditor EY related to year-end closing and reporting
What we are looking for:
• Good accounting knowledge and job experience with accounting
• Knowledge of SAP + SAP BW would be a distinct advantage
• Understanding database reporting tool (OBIEE/Power BI)
• Oracle knowledge
• Advanced Excel skills are essential (vlookups, pivot tables, analyzing tools and various add-ins)
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work under pressure
• Analytical skills, with attention to detail
• Eager to work in a dynamic and complex organization characterized by matrix relations
• Audit and compliance knowledge
• Excellent English skills, written and verbal
What we offer:
• Competitive benefits package
• We’re proud to have strong governance for inclusion and diversity. With 50% diversity on our Board of Directors and more than 4,000 Eaton leaders attending Inclusion & Diversity training courses, we’re firmly committed to setting guidance, targets and activities that foster greater inclusion and diversity everywhere we do business.
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University Opportunities for personal and professional development.
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. We provide energy efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 99.000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries.
The Norwegian office is located at Ryen, Oslo, we are 75 employees and have a turnover of NOK 630 million in Norway.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No