Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is currently seeking a Lead Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our Glenolden, Pennsylvania facility.
The Lead Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for supporting plant leadership in achieving business and financial goals by developing and maintaining robust manufacturing processes and leading continuous improvement / cost out initiatives across the organization. Additional responsibility includes executing the organization’s strategic plan consistent with federal, state, and local regulations, established industry standards, and customer requirements.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will develop and maintain robust, cost efficient manufacturing processes and product structures consistent with lean manufacturing practices and six sigma methodologies as a means to eliminate waste, reduce variation, improve safety/ergonomics, and deliver products to customer’s expectations.
- You will help lead Lean Projects for improvement results that can be leveraged across, departments, plants and functions.
- You will ensure that CI training, tools, practices and resources are available at all levels and are being utilized appropriately and effectively.
- You will lead and participate in Lean Manufacturing events such as 5S+, RIE's, 3P's, Kaizens.
- You will coordinate and benchmark with other Eaton sites to adopt and spread Lean manufacturing concepts throughout our business.
- You will implement Continuous Improvement culture to all levels of the business that drives behaviors of the employees to challenge the status quo in order to deliver sustainable results in Safety, Quality, cost and delivery.
- You will develop and integrate new processes and methodologies as to provide competitive advantages for the business. Compose Capital Appropriation Requests (including payback and net present value analysis) for acquisition of equipment to support emerging and existing technologies. Develop and implement Lean Sustainment actions such as 5S+ Audits, Standard work Audits, corporate Lean evaluations.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we as individuals and as a company are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology from an accredited institution required.
- Minimum 3 years of Lean experience in a Manufacturing and/or Operations environment.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Glenolden, PA facility will be considered.
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years of Lean experience in a Manufacturing and/or Operations environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time