Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Production Scheduler to join our team.
This position is based at our Waukesha, WI North Street facility.
As a Production Scheduler, you will be an integral member of Power Systems Division (PSD) Supply Chain Team, with responsibilities aimed at on-time customer delivery through accurate work order management. The Production Scheduler will locate work orders in-process and coordinate sequencing with Production Operators to ensure Customer commitments are met.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this role you will:
- Establish, maintain and ensure proper execution of a valid production schedule for all items, and be responsible for level loading daily production schedules through analyzing resource capacity and other constraints to optimize through-put, while minimizing manufacturing cycle time, inventory, and achieving on-time delivery goals.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills through effective communication and coordination with multiple functional groups (including Operation, Customer Service, Finance, Engineering, and Purchasing).
- Assist the Master Production Scheduler (MPS) in determining and maintaining forecast and safety stock levels.
- Direct daily work flow (WIP – “work in process”) through analysis of reports and input from cross-functional teams.
- Align and set priorities for resources and shared resources across the factory to maximize efficiency and material flow to ensure customer ship schedules on time.
- Own metrics of manufacturing cycle time (OTTC), through-put, past due order reduction, and on-time delivery.
- Participate in business processes improvement events such as Continuous Improvement Framework, kaizens and workshops to improve processes and reduce waste.
- Assist in the development and implementation of procedures and techniques which will improve the scheduling function.
- Establish optimal inventory levels to achieve desired service, while utilizing just in time inventory management philosophies.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Three years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50-mile radius of the Waukesha, WI site to be considered for this opportunity. Active Duty military personnel are exempt from all geographic restrictions
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- APICS CPIM Certification.
- Proficiency in SAP ECC/MRP planning and/or purchasing modules.
- Demonstrated experience with Lean/Six Sigma principles utilizing: consignment, pull systems, Kanban
- Proven analytical, problem solving, project management and facilitation skills.
- Expert knowledge with Microsoft Excel.
- Knowledge of institutional problem-solving tools/processes such as cycle time reduction and process improvement tools: Six Sigma DMAIC methodology, Kaizen, DOE, Pareto Charts, Statistical process control, Process mapping, Tree diagrams, Root cause analysis, Analytical software programs.
Position Success Criteria:
- Strong computer skills.
- Understanding of problem solving methods (A3, 5-Why, root cause analysis).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No