Job Title: Engineer # 072131
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is responsible for devising and executing test strategy and analyzing results in a systematic manner. This position is responsible for devising and executing test strategy and analyzing results in a systematic manner. This position involves thorough understanding of testing methodologies, boundary conditions, and various performance metrics used to assess the operation, reliability and usability of software applications.
This job position requires the extensive use of automated test programs, scripts, and various tools used to streamline and expedite the testing and analysis processes. The area of works consists mainly of embedded web/mobile development, including front end browser, backend server and database as well as control software. This includes cross browser compatibility testing, bug tracking, testing performance and accuracy of different software algorithms. The job position requires to report results, issues as well as suggesting process, design and implementation improvements to the development team
Your essential responsibilities
· Develops, write and manage the execution of an overall software/embedded test strategy.
· Leads efforts to enhance and make the testing process more efficient.
· Reviews documentation to understand testing requirements.
· Oversee the design and implementation of validation procedures, test plans, and test cases.
· Develops strategy for all levels of testing including regression, sanity, integration, acceptance, load, and stress testing for production with other QA team members.
· Communicates feature interaction problems and identify coding problems across the system.
· Conducts exploratory testing to evaluate robustness and functionality of products.
· Keeps the track of standards set by software testing authorities
· Uses a tracking system such as Jira to track reported problems with software
· Uses existing or propose new tools for comprehensive test case management software to manage, track and organize software testing efforts
· Prepares of software test evaluation reports to help the development team avoid bugs in created code and also provide feedback on usability and user interactions
· Collaborates with software team members for the development of quality control and testing standards.
· Research & utilize industry standard programs to check for browser compatibility bugs and to stress test server application.
· Administer diagnostic analysis of test results and deliver solutions to critical areas while being aware of programming and design alternatives.
· Develops and maintain user manuals and guidelines.
· Strong organizational skills required to manage multiple aspects and priorities
· Mentoring and/or training junior team members and/or colleagues from other disciplines
Develop client-side programs using HTML, CSS, Java & Python Scripts
If you are:
· BE/ME in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science with 5-7 years’ experience
· 2+ years’ experience-testing web-based applications on various browsers.
· 2+ years’ experience testing mobile applications.
· 2+ years’ experience using test automation tools such as QTP, Night Watch, Protractor, Selenium using Robot Frame work with Python Scripts
· Proficient in standards compliant HTML and CSS.
· Knowledge of PostgreSQL or MySQL databases and tools.
· Experience in Client Server Architecture and Software Development Life Cycle.
· Experience with revision control and issue tracking systems.
· Knowledge of modern test methodologies
· Knowledge in skills and in the use of technologies for detecting and tracking defects
· Understanding and knowledge of quality assurance processes and methods used in software development
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Knowledge of J2EE Web application servers such as Jboss and Tomcat.
· Working knowledge of database concepts, data modeling tools and use of relational DBMS.
· Thorough understanding of automation and control processes.
· Good written and verbal communication, self-motivated and team oriented. An appetite for learning new things and constant innovation Experience working with geographically dispersed engineering and business teams.
· Experience working with third party partners.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills – both verbal and written with ability to make necessary status reports and technical presentations to Eaton management and customer.
· Must be capable of working effectively in diverse cultural situations with our global team members.
· Ability to articulate and promote project management best-practices.
· Ability to achieve goals by coaching, mentoring and motivating
· Strong analytical skills and business acumen.
· Ability to work independently and to follow directions.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only