Eaton’s Electrical Distribution Center in Irving, TX is seeking a full-time Warehouse Team Lead (Inbound) to work 1st shift.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will drive and advocate for a zero incident culture through diligence in accident prevention, investigation and policy enforcement.
- You will direct workflow to meet/exceed production requirements.
- You will ensure that all inbound product is processed into inventory in a timely manner; material is accurately accounted for, handled and stored properly.
- You will promote quality by demonstrating customer focus and regularly communicating customer feedback to employees in order to facilitate collaborative problem solving, drive continuous quality improvement and ensure alignment/compliance with industry standards.
- You will ensure department operation compliance with all internal, local and domestic rules and regulations (dangerous goods, fire, CTPAT, OSHA and all safety rules).
- You will manage the cycle count program and perform 4 inventory counts during the year.
- You will co-lead the annual physical inventory with the other team leader.
- You will perform other assigned duties.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 2 years distribution or warehouse experience
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Irving, TX will be considered
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company Sponsorship
- Experience operating a forklift
- Previous supervision experience
- Familiarity with electrical products
- 3 or more years Receiving experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time