Eaton’s Crouse-Hinds Division is currently seeking a Senior Commodity Manager to join our team.
This position is based at any Crouse-Hinds facility worldwide with a preference to Syracuse, NY, Meadowlands, PA, and Roanoke, VA
This role is responsible for leading the PFGR-Metals Commodity Management and Developing Make/Buy strategies that align this externally supplied production material to Crouse-Hinds Operations. The prime function is to lead a team of commodity managers to drive sourcing strategy, define sourcing cost gaps, align an approved supplier list and exceed sourcing cost out targets. The right individual drives lower materials costs and supplier performance, including process and service improvements and productivity throughout the supply chain. A key success driver is the ability to work cross-functionally to develop and implement purchasing strategies that establish long-term sourcing partnerships, identifying & developing cost reduction opportunities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide strategies for all key Global Purchase for Resale and Metals while leveraging the broader Eaton SCM Organization: $140m in Global Spend.
- You will supports and develop core vendors and strategies that maximize cost, delivery and transaction cost.
- You will keep informed on all laws & regulations affecting purchasing & delivery of items procured in all regions.
- You will author commodity strategies that allow global leverage, cost transparency and a world class supply base.
- You will initiates a best cost sourcing model, develops new suppliers and creates procurement strategies.
- You will negotiate major purchase agreements as assigned with direction and support from the Global Strategic Sourcing Manager.
- You will manage S-OTD, PPV, AR, Inventory, Supplier Quality and MCER Inflation to required levels consistently.
- You will contribute to the implementations of VAVE, Lean Manufacturing, Lean Supply Chain and Six Sigma methodology in all plants.
- You will develop with HR an environment conducive to personal learning and development ensuring all team members are fully informed and equipped to deliver maximum performance. You will develop managerial and other talents necessary to achieve long range objectives by effective direction and training.
- You will evaluate and manage the Purchase for Resale team’s performance providing additional strength and depth to meet customer’s expectations of lead time and service.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Accounting, or Engineering from an accredited institution
- 7 years of experience in a manufacturing operations environment.
- Sourcing and management experience across multiple sites; including buying practices, MRO, contract administration
- Experience of production planning, materials management and global sourcing
- Experience and understanding of manufacturing systems, particularly MRP and JIT
- Experience with supplier quality assurance and supplier capability audits; including knowledge of PPAP, DOE, FMEA.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. (For Lagrange, NC site only)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- MBA or Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Experience and detailed knowledge of data warehouse applications preferable
- Strong working knowledge of SAP system, concentrated in purchasing roles and transactions
- CPIM and/or CSCP certifications
Position Success Criteria:
- The incumbent must possess a strong sense of urgency, ownership and effective communication skills
- Travel is required 20% of the time
- Demonstrable track record of successful supplier selection and development
- Demonstrable record of continuous improvement in sourcing KPI’s
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time