Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Painter on 2nd shift to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha (Lincoln Ave) WI facility.
The Painter is responsible for sanding, cleaning, masking, and painting all Terra-Tran units and Power units and fabricated components which require final finishing. All units must be painted before final inspection. The individual must produce an eye-pleasing, durable, painted finished product.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Be responsible for the proper preparation of all surfaces to be sprayed; this includes bare metal areas and the proper sanding, feather edging of previously painted surfaces.
- Be required to know what bushings and associated transformer accessories must be masked to prevent them from being painted.
- Check the Bills of Material for correct color and specified mull thickness, record serial number of units repainted and affix color-coded dot to unit for identification.
- Adjust and periodically check all pump pressures, heater temperatures, air and fluid pressures to maintain the best possible spraying application condition.
- Be responsible for paint viscosity at the beginning of the shift and at mid-shift, use a Zahn cup and stopwatch to check paint viscosities when required.
- Check and maintain proper fluid and air pressure in pressure pots used for spraying all special colors.
- Change filters and maintain cleanliness of spray booth associates floor areas on a scheduled basis.
- Use 15,000 lb. electric walker to move smaller units into spray boot and also use walker to store repainted units in staging area for inspection.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of six (6) months previous spray painting experience.
- Authorized to work in the United States without requiring company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Candidate must currently reside within 50 miles of the facility to be considered for this role. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
Position Success Criteria:
- Previous working knowledge of industrial airless and/or air pressure painting.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – Canada
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No