Eaton’s Electrical Division has an opening for a Senior EHS Analyst. This position is based at our new facility in El Paso, Texas.
This position supports environmental, health, safety, and security efforts at the site. Individual is accountable for: supporting EHS activities at his/her location(s), including: maintaining EHS systems and processes such as monitoring and measurement systems, reporting and communication of EHS metrics, collection and organization of EHS action items, supporting EHS training initiatives, leading and supporting EHS teams, supports incident investigations, and supports site internal assessment activities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will assist with the implementation of MESH (Management System of Environmental, Safety, Security and Health) and will utilize MESH tools to drive improvements.
- You will support risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects.
- You will support tracking of appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track EHS performance.
- You will support tracking and accomplishment of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity-based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- You will support MESH element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- You will support and promote zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- You will support EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- You will work with EHS Manager, OPEX Manager, and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- You will provide support on using established EHS data processes such as MESHPrism to manage data.
- You will create training matrixes and supports training sessions to ensure that all training is defined, completed, and tracked in accordance with an annual plan.
- You will support efforts to ensure and track that all key EHS operational controls are in place, on a PM program, and that EHS action items are resolved on a timely basis.
- You will implement, promote and maintain a safe work environment by implementing a culture of accidents prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance and application of rules. Identify, control and administer risk and danger in own area.
- You will promote the company’s mission and vision by actively supporting Eaton’s ethics and values as well as quality policies.
- You will motivate and coach employees to maintain high levels of satisfaction, productivity, and quality through effectively utilizing available rewards and recognition channels to encourage and promote desired behaviors and results.
- You will be responsible for coordination and facilitation of site maintenance
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in environmental, health and safety program management
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
- 5 years of experience in environmental, health and safety program management
- Experience leading employee training
- Experience with security operations
- Professional certification preferred (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Industrial Hygienist, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, or country equivalent).
Position Success Criteria:
- Comprehensive understanding of industry, state, and country environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- High level of interpersonal skill to work effectively with others
- Strong leadership skills, must be capable of leading their organization on a continuous journey of sustained improvement, including ability to manage large number of disparate projects and to track projects throughout completion.
- Must be very proficient in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and other database functions such as reporting and analysis.
- Adept at development and utilization of software solutions
- Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes
- Ability to lead and support cross-functional process improvement team
- Fire Protection /Prevention Installation Knowledge.
- Security system (CCTV) Knowledge.
- Ergonomic knowledge.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time