Eaton’s Electrical has an opening for an:
Application engineer – Automation field
Hiring Location: Padova
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is a global leader with expertise in power distribution and circuit protection; backup power protection; control and automation; lighting and security; structural solutions and wiring devices; solutions for harsh and hazardous environments; and engineering services.
As Application Engineer, you will act as the primary technical resource for sales solution architect and will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process. You will collaborate with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate. You will identify and deliver reliable technical solutions for customer to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Moreover, you will establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle to ensure customer satisfaction and revenues goals.
Your key deliverables:
- Be the Automation specialist for sales team, agents and colleagues, within the area of responsibility
- Dvelop technical solutions that effectively accomplish client objectives and user needs and adapt applications as needed to optimize performance; Customize specialized applications according to client needs
- Provide design and specification development support to customers, consultants, integrators and distributors
- Build a strong relationship with our customers and partners within the area of responsibility
- Listen, understand and properly convey customer requirements.
- Support the customer in design and write code for applications
- Respond to functional and technical elements of new requests and proposals
- Perform technical product training for sales people, estimators, and engineers at targeted accounts.
- support to sales presentations showcasing all technical features and processes during customer events
- Assist in the design and development of new solutions and tools necessary to make target accounts comfortable and successful at selling Eaton automation products and solutions
- Maintain accurate records of target accounts, opportunities, quotes, projects, contacts and correspondence in company approved databases
- Travel to project sites to preform start-up, integration, and training services
- Identify specific customer and client needs and preferences related to application
- Present new project proposals to sales department based on customer experiences
- Resolve customer issues or difficulties in a manner that is consistent with the company mission, values, and financial objectives.
- Maintain professional business relationships within target accounts.
- Provide status of ongoing projects and future projects.
- Identify customer's needs and sales opportunities to help future growth
· Graduate or equivalent in engineering Technical Field, or equivalent successful experience in a similar controls industry role.
· 3–5 Years’ experience in similar role in engineering and Industrial Automation.
· Deep Knowledge of PLC programming standard IEC 61131 and Codesys
· Knowledge in Variable Speed Drives technology and programming
· Knowledge in HMI technology and programming
· Knowledge of Codes and Standards
· Application Programming Experience
· Creative, analytical, and problem-solving attitudes
· Project management skills.
· Strong customer service skills
· Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally
· Read architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and have a solid understanding of electrical and automation control systems
· A solid understanding of network and fieldbus communications technology – VPN, TCP/IP, Ethernet, Modbus, Canopen, Profibus, Profinet, etc.
· Proficient in Microsoft office 360 and Office tools
· Strong communication and Interpersonal skills Adept and effective communicator
· Highly organized and detail-oriented with ability to effectively prioritize work.
· Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
· Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
· Knowledge of English language
· Available for Travel 30%
· Sales and marketing experience a plus
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Permanent contract in fast growing global company
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time