Eaton Power Systems is currently seeking a Production Welder 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based out of our Waukesha (Badger Drive), WI facility.
The Production Welder is responsible for operating a mig welding machine and air grinder, assembling and welding tank covers, nut guards, doors, risers/sills, production orders, switching module cubicle components, and single/three phase cubicle components. Operator checks parts against prints to assure proper dimensions and locations. The welder is responsible for proper fit and appearance of finished part, according to quality specifications.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will regulate if material is to specs., also check prints for E.C.O.’s N.C.R.’s, etc. and for latest revisions.
- You will set-up material in positioner, jig or fixtures. You will also make simple layouts when required.
- You will weld or stud weld various types of hardware to part being built.
- You will track welds part, adjusting wire feed for proper size weld seam.
- You will grind excess weld and trim edges for fit of parts and appearance.
- You will operate crane, electric stackers, and other mechanical assists to move, position and unload heavy parts and assemblies.
- You will operate oxyacetylene cutting/carbon arc torch and how to replace mig torch body, lever switch and hoses from wire feed to torch body.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
- Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more!
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High school graduate or GED is required from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year of manufacturing experience or Welding certification.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Position not eligible for relocation. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of the work location in order to be considered.
Position Success Criteria:
- Ability to successfully complete Eaton’s Power Systems weld test with a score greater or equal to 80%
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No