Machine Operator and Welder 2nd Shift
Eaton’s Power Delivery Division is currently seeking a Shell Fabricator/Welder – 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Waukesha (Badger Drive) WI facility.
The Fabricator/Welder is responsible for operating constant voltage welding equipment, mechanized seam welders, sheet rollers, expanding machine, grinder and jib crane. The individual will fabricate and assemble regulator tank shells with leak proof seams. Operator checks parts against blueprints for proper dimensions and locations and signs off on safety and quality checklists.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright individuals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will acquire materials daily through use of a forklift per order requirements.
- You will check material specifications, dimensions on shop orders and prints against customer specifications for accuracy.
- You will roll steel sheet into tank shell, seam weld rolled tank shell, run shell through all other machine operations and install necessary components per the order process sheet.
- You will grind excess weld from seams, edges and gasket seats to improve the fit of parts, scrape and wipe down unit to ensure it meets applicable customer requirements.
- You will stage completed tank shells for next operation, stamping with employee identification number.
- You will operate jib and bridge crane to move and position heavy parts onto machines for each operation.
- You will assist co-workers with the movement of units within the work center.
- You will support regulator tank kitting as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Why work at Eaton? Below are a few of the Outstanding benefits we offer:
Competitive Pay, Benefits start on day one, Vacation time, Employee Discounts, Retirement benefits, Paid Parental Leave, Educational Assistance Program and many more
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
Must have a welding certification from an accredited institution and/or two years of welding & metal fabrication experience.
A high school diploma or GED form an accredited institution is required.
- Must be able to work in the US without company sponsorship.
Position Success Criteria:
Must be able to understand standard shop specifications (shop drawings, process sheets, and measuring equipment etc).
- Successfully complete Eaton weld test.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PDD Power Delivery Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No