Join Eaton and
help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the
environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
As a Power Electronics Engineer you design, test and document systems for energy storage and UPS applications. This includes power electronics design, electrical design and control electronics design.
You will work within our world class Engineering Team in our Espoo Site.
Your key deliverables:
· You will
develop energy storage and UPS products as a part of a global product
· You will make specifications and design documents based on customer needs and market requirements
· You will test and make test plans for power converter systems and subsystems
· You will support sales, marketing, manufacturing and technical support in solving customer needs and issues
· You will be involved in a number of projects, while ensuring that objectives are met and are within budget. Assesses trade-offs between business needs, technology requirements, cost, and risk
· Master /
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
· Minimum of 4 years of experience in electrical product design
· Experience in power electronics
· Ability to work in a global virtual team, safety awareness
· Willingness to occasional business travel
· Team player working in a collaborative environment
· Experience in
electrical simulation tools
· Experience in PCB design
· Understanding of standards related to designing electrical equipment
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
compensation and benefits package
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
· Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
· Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
For more information feel free to contact Tuomo Kohtamaki TuomoKohtamaki@Eaton.com.
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time