ES EMEA Power Distribution Division (PDD) has an opening for an
Associate Design Engineer (m/f/d),
located in Schrems, Austria.
As Associate Design Engineer, you will be responsible for creating detailed product designs and associated documentation for Low Voltage Systems and Enclosures, for developing of relevant product and process verification plans and their realization as well as for driving New Product Development (NPD) and MOL related R&D activity.
- Drives PROLaunch New Product Development (NPD) R&D tasks for NPD projects
- Provides technical and design support for existing manufactured Low Voltage Systems products at Eaton and 3rd party locations
- Prioritizes work load to best support the product related business needs for Low Voltage Systems
- Supports DTC (Design to Cost) projects and initiatives
- Supports the product applications department with technical and product performance input on new and existing products as appropriate
- Maintains/creates the relevant product certification, declaration and standards compliance in line with the Low Voltage Directive, WEEE, RoHS and associated appropriate legislation
- Supports input for Product Configuration software tools
- Consults and communicates clearly and timely at all levels within the organization
- Supports improving the product range integrity through resolution of quality related design issues
- Product transition/handover from development stage to serial production in relevant production plants
- Completed technical education (HTL) in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronics
- Fluency in German and English
- Flexibility and willingness to travel for project related activities such as design reviews, product testing and project meetings etc.
- Open to new approaches, technologies and work methods
- Ability to work on own initiative and time management skills
- Knowledge of Enclosure products, Low Voltage Systems products and their applications preferred
- Product standards knowledge for IEC61439 (Low Voltage Systems), IEC62208 (Empty Enclosures) and its associated referenced standards preferred
- 3D CAD design experience for PTC Creo Direct Modeling / Model manager or similar preferred
- Knowledge of project management tools (e. g. PROLaunch) and Stage / Gate procedures preferred
- Knowledge of Enclosure related manufacturing technologies and processes (metal and plastic)
- DFSS Knowledge preferred
- Way of working is ethical, passionate and accountabel, also being efficient, transparent and continously learning
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package;
- Excellent working environment - Safety and ethics are really important for us.
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day.
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent, inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully.
Depending on the qualification, we offer a compensation according to the Austrian collective bargaining agreement of the electrical and electronics industry in the respective employment group taking into account the years of service in the respective employment group, willingness to overpay depending on the relevant professional experience and qualification.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PDD Power Distribution Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time