Manager - Embeded Connectivity (Linux)
Job Title: Engineering Manager # 072028If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineering Manager in Eaton’s electrical business, based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is to provide leadership to the team on industrial networking and communications technology focused on embedded software development to be used across all Eaton products. This role will include contributing to the architecture, design and implementation of secure, reliable, integrated, and reusable platforms. He/She would be responsible for implementing strategies and focus around embedded software, connectivity, industrial networking and Internet of things (IoT) technologies and solutions. Partnering to build and leverage synergies between various electrical sector divisions will be important in this role. Collaboration with teammates from Eaton India Innovation Center (Pune) and Electrical & Industrial sector divisions in North America for new product developments, sustaining engineering and continuous improvements will be required. Additional requirements include building organization capabilities by identifying, attracting, hiring and developing top talent for CCIS division.
As a member of a creative, motivated and talented team, we need our managers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things & modernizing existing things and aren't daunted by the challenge of building something from scratch, then our team might be your next career step.
Your essential responsibilities
· List the essential functions (i.e. key responsibilities with expected end results), which must be accomplished to fulfill the purpose of the position described above.
· Provide leadership for embedded platforms technology team including software development efforts, contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of secure, reliable, integrated and reusable communication, industrial protocol and IoT platforms. Provide leadership for the team to meet its short and long-term goals.
· Provide leadership to drive innovation for differentiated platforms, products and services. Lead strategic initiatives to improve development workflows, project timelines, quality of deliverables and strategic new feature selection to increase platform adoption across Eaton.
· Demonstrates a strong command and working knowledge of Agile development methods for software development. Teach, Drive and achieve continuous improvement with development methods.
· Conducts Software reviews, requirement analysis and software design. Identifies deviations from the requirements analysis, other errors and improvements.
· Recruits and retain a team of highly talented software developers. Train, develop & motivate subordinates to achieve their professional goals & review their accomplishments.
· Develop and control the schedule and direct work activities in order to effectively manage time. Monitorwork progress & achievements on projects. Provide regular reports on development & support activities.
· Manages department budget and performance to forecast.
· Understand stakeholder requirements and communicate them to other Eaton teams, and act as the liaison for program activities as appropriate. Synergize and leverage engineering capabilities across groups.
If you are:
- 12+ years of experience in the software industry with a proven track record of shipping high quality products that delight customers
- 5+ years’ experience on embedded systems - embedded C++ programming, RTOS/Linux platforms for embedded devices, device drivers, utilizing object-oriented design techniques,
- Experience in device level field bus technologies like -Modbus, DeviceNet, Profibus DP, BACNet.
- Experience in any one of device level IP communication including industrial Ethernet protocols (like EtherNet/IP, Modbus TCP, ProfiNet, BACNet IP,61850).
- Experience in requirement, architecture, design & code reviews and requirement-based testing - unit, integration, system testing.
- Sound knowledge & demonstrated experience of full software development life cycle management on multiple projects including requirements, design, development, verification & validation, qualification & certification.
- Proven experience on talent management (hire, develop, retain), resource allocation and project management.
- Sound Knowledge and experience with process frameworks (e.g CMMI) including requirements management, defect tracking, build management, change management, and configuration management tools
- Experience collaborating with local / global suppliers for hardware/software procurement, building test lab setups etc.
- Excellent communications skills. A high degree of aptitude, creativity is required.
· Experience in leading and managing engineering teams delivering products & solutions in the Electrical domain
· Experience on Wireless communication protocols, IoT protocols
Knowledge and use of tools- IAR, JIRA – issue tracking, Git, Confluence
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time