Eaton’s North American Sales Division is currently seeking a Lead Sales Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our San Diego, CA facility.
The Lead Sales Engineer is responsible for achieving the assigned sales goal consistent with the expectations of a thoroughly seasoned professional sales engineer for the assigned product categories while under little supervision. In this role, you will be expected to optimize sales volume, product mix and profit margin, while increasing sales in the marketplace.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will provide accurate and timely planning and specification interpretation, quotation, and technical support
- You will communicate with customers, warehouse, and plants to facilitate problem resolution
- You will collect, analyze, and utilize market intelligence regarding competitive products, customer needs, preferences, and buying habits
- You will review and interpret customer needs on plans and specifications
- You will facilitate timely solutions to customer issues by utilizing available resources or creating procedure for resolution
- You will be aware of, and respond to, market conditions and competitive activities while communicating such information to product divisions
- You will plan promotional events and presentations with distributor personnel to promote Eaton’s position, while developing a proven record of achieving assigned sales goals
- You will prepare and present bids and quotations to customers using company price and delivery guidelines while using sound business judgment.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years' experience in electrical sales and/or minimum seven (7) years' experience within the electrical industry
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of San Diego, CA to be considered.
- Electrical contractor sales
- Electrical distribution product experience
- Knowledge of key customers within sales territories
- Time management, presentation, and planning skills
- Commands knowledge of electrical product and service capabilities and can assemble standard offerings to meet customer needs with occasional internal oversight
- Possesses an understanding of the sales process using sales techniques as evidenced by good customer relationships
- Demonstrated and understanding of market trends, industry issues and knowledge of competitors
- Effective interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Ability to leverage support personnel to meet customer and organizational needs
- Ability and willingness to work collaboratively on a team.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time