Eaton’s North America Electrical Sales Division is currently seeking an Area Sales Manager to join our team. This position is based at our New York, NY Metropolitan District location. Relocation assistance will be provided.
The Area Sales Manager will be responsible for managing a customer base, sales resources, products and channels to market to achieve planned results for the district. In this role you will provide leadership and development to a sales team consisting of sales professionals, sales reps and the distributor channel. The Area Sales Manager will have superior knowledge and demonstrate the sales technique skills, customer interaction, customer relations and employee development, and a leadership style and demonstrate behaviors consistent with Eaton’s values and philosophies. The position necessitates analytical thinking capabilities, to leverage data-driven arguments to make decisions as well as ability to understand, communicate and meet customer needs
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you.
- Negotiate, cope with ambiguity, work through complex problems, and manage conflict
- Have the technical aptitude to understand and position solutions within the respective product category
- Execute and communicate compelling value proposition and strategy
- Manage different maturity levels in the market, and varying business cycles
- Have a strong knowledge of managing products, product applications and distribution channels
- Influence without authority, in a matrix environment and have a professional presence to clearly be in command in difficult sales situations
- Grow sales and market share
- Develop employee talent and the channel.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree required from an accredited institution
- Minimum five (5) years electrical industry sales/marketing and/or engineering experience
- Possess and maintain a valid and unrestricted driver’s license
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Manager of people experience
- 10+ years of electrical industry sales experience
- Previous experience managing people and channels
- Superior knowledge of sales techniques, customers, customer relations and employee development
- Strong knowledge of managing products, product applications and distribution channels
- Significant sales presence such as that the candidate can clearly command in difficult sales situations
- Experience in growing sales and market share, channel development and developing employee talent.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: NAS North American Sales
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time