The Operator II- Extrusion is requiring the ability to follow written instructions and read blueprint specifications. Under moderate supervision, sets up and operates alternately more than one type of production machine on a limited range of production work, involving close tolerances and set-ups, which are exacting, but not usually highly involved or difficult. Adjusts machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, feeds and operation sequence are ordinarily prescribed.
The operator will be required to learn and work in multiple areas below:
- 4” Tube Extrusion
- 6” Tube Extrusion
- 7” Tube Extrusion
- ILS Tube Extrusion
- Thermoplastic Tube Extrusion
- Thermoplastic Cover Extrusion
- Silicone Extrusion
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Pull powder from staging area and load powder into perform press.
- Set up extruder with proper pin and die according to set-up sheet.
- Perform duties relative to production in the assigned area and is able to operate all equipment and machinery in the assigned area.
- Review work orders, specifications or instructions to establish material, ingredients, procedures, components and settings. Accurately record data on process travelers.
- Accurately complete computer transactions as necessary (labor & scrap transactions, inventory disbursements & cycle counts, expense items, etc.).
- Maintain a safe, clean and orderly work environment through effective housekeeping, 5S and TPM practices.
- Follow all plant, safety, and environmental rules and regulations. Support plant lean, safety, quality and continuous improvement efforts.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Middlesex, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Extrusion equipment experience preferred
- Able to work overtime on the weekends
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good problem-solving, prioritization and decision-making skills.
- Good interpersonal skills/teaming ability
- Ability to learn computer transactions
- Ability to learn and successfully operate production equipment
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No