Eaton has an immediate opening for a Fabrication Technician II- B Shift located in Greenwood, SC.
Layout, make templates, cut off, punch, drill, and tap. Load steel into machines to cut, form and/or bend to various configurations, operating machinery including punch/laser machine, press brake, manual shear, powered industrial vehicles as requested. Off load excess steel material. Must wear proper steel fabrication PPE, such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses, material handling gloves, ear protection and long sleeve shirt or cut resistant slip-ons.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will receive work assignments from supervisor or production control system.
- You will input information into data collection system as required.
- You will work from manufacturing information, sketches, drawings, oral and written instructions.
- You will perform routine maintenance on machinery such as oiling, manual clamp adjustments, and clamp/finger replacement
- You will use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- You will be familiar with all materials used to perform job functions. Follow material safety data sheet instructions.
- You will utilize calipers, gauges, or other measuring devices to assure engineering standards to the .001 precision level.
- You will perform statistical process control on machinery, as required.
- You will operate a punch machine, laser machine, or press brake as requested by supervision.
- You will correlate materials for weld, paint, and job closure as required.
- You will set-up and operate manual shear.
- You will assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- You will observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed. Maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
- You will all employees are expected to comply with the environment, health and safety guidelines.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites)
- Layout, make templates, cut off, punch, drill, and tap.
- Load steel into machines to cut, form and/or bend to various configurations, operating machinery including punch/laser machine, press brake, manual shear, powered industrial vehicles as requested. Off load excess steel material.
- Must wear proper steel fabrication PPE, such as steel toe shoes, safety glasses, material handling gloves, ear protection and long sleeve shirt or cut resistant slip-ons.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No