Supply Chain Technician (Backroom -B shift)
Eaton is seeking a Supply Chain Technician Backroom - B shift in Greenwood, SC.
The supply chain technician will receive and issue raw materials, assemblies, sub-assemblies, tools and supplies and forward all necessary paperwork to computer services for data entry, assist the planners and buyers on material availability related processes and box, pack and ship finished product and all raw materials, as appropriate.
- You will use a variety of material handling equipment (including powered industrial vehicles) and hand tools to move product and supplies and to unload and load trucks arriving or leaving from shipping and/or receiving area and for placing material in the proper bin location or delivering material to the work centers. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance.
- You will use computer to determine bin location, stock picks, requisitions, etc. for issuing and storing material in proper locations and performing physical count of inventory when necessary.
- You will utilize computer to verify accuracy of equipment, materials and locations.
- You will use maintenance schedule and appropriate equipment, maintain forklift and forklift battery.
- You will apply identification labeling on completed assemblies as required.
- You will form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- You will pack and band items together and crate and/or build crates for shipment. Include proper identification on packing material.
- You will sort weigh and complete all shipping orders. Request release for shipment.
- You will maintain records of material shortages and assemblies prior to shipment.
- You will complete checklists and feedback forms for finished product.
- You will work to established procedures, material instructions, drawings, and written or oral instructions from supervision.
- All employees are expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines, observe all safety and hygiene requirements as specified or directed, and maintain a clean, orderly and safe workplace.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites).
- Minimum three (3) months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Minimum three (3) months of experience operating a powered industrial vehicle (e.g., forklift)
- Minimum three (3) months of experience utilizing inventory system controls (e.g., AS400, DMM)
- Minimum three (3) months of experience using hand and air tools
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No