Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Quality Test Technician on 2nd Shift to join our team. This position is based at our Camarillo, CA facility.
The Quality Test Technician is responsible for performing test duties in accordance with engineering and production test procedures, operating general and special test equipment (i.e., volt meter, power supply) and building/assembling test setup.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will conduct electrical testing and measurement (i.e., Dielectric, insulation resistance, continuity) as part of operations and qualifications
You will conduct mechanical and thermal testing as part of operations and qualifications
You will prepare and verify test data/reports
You will support departments in special test setups and troubleshooting
You will maintain test environment and equipment
You will interpret test standards/procedures and perform testing to ensure product compliance
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 3 years work experience in an engineering/lab environment is required.
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographical area (within 50 miles) of Camarillo will be considered for this position.
- Must be legally authorized to work within the United States without company Sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Hands-on skills in electro/mechanical
- Experience with testing per industry test standards (i.e., MIL-STD, EIA)
- Understanding of basic hand tools
- Basic understanding of electrical theory (Ohm’s law)
- Hands on experience with general electrical test equipment
- Must not be color blind – this position required reading technical drawings and diagrams that are color coded.
- Must not be hearing impaired – hearing is essential to detecting audible test cues from equipment
- Physical fitness - must be able lift 50 lbs (minimum) and climb on height of 3 feet (minimum)
- Team oriented - good attitude, able to clearly communicate technical matters with team members
- Experience with electrical connectors would be preferred
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time