Production Supervisor 2nd Shift
You will conduct Daily Team stand-up meeting with all department personnel in area of responsibility focusing on safety, quality, delivery, cost/productivity, and inventory.
You will utilize lean six sigma methodologies to reduce operational costs, inventory and lead-times as well as ensure alignment with long-term manufacturing strategies.
You will develop and establish manufacturing priorities based on the production schedule and monitor employee work requirements in order to meet customer deadlines.
You will enforce and implement safety policies and programs, meet operating budgets, complete continuous improvement plans, and coach employees on behavior/performance issues and initiate disciplinary actions if required.
You will monitor control plans, troubleshoot workmanship problems and supervise production activities to ensure manufactured products meet or exceed established quality requirements.
You will create the basis for continuous improvement and employee empowerment by ensuring that standardize work processes are followed and countermeasures are implemented where necessary.
You will ensure that assigned personnel have appropriate training, work instruction and tools to successfully perform jobs.
- Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 5 years experience supervising employees
- Minimum 1 year of manufacturing experience.
- No relocation is being provided. Candidates must currently reside within 50 miles of the Syracuse, NY facility to be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree in Operations or Engineering from an accredited institution.
- SAP business system experience.
- Experience working in a union environment.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to support cross-functional teams.
- Strong time management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Able to handle multiple and conflicting priorities.
- Foundational knowledge of lean tools and manufacturing processes.
Eaton is a power management company with 2016 sales of $19.7 billion. We provide energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton is dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit Eaton.com. At Eaton we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently – if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you – then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information visit www. Eaton.com/careers.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time