Eaton’s Lighting division is currently seeking an Inventory Control Clerk to join our team. This position is based at our Vicksburg, Mississippi facility.
The Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for positively impacting our inventory control operation. In this role, you will perform clerical duties and activities associated with receiving, storing, issuing, and shipping materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and parts in storeroom, warehouse, or yard by performing the following duties.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will perform clerical duties of Inventory Control assets with an emphasis on cost reduction while maintaining or improving accuracy and timelines.
· You will assist the Inventory Supervisor in the planning and layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and safety of items stored.
· You will ensure care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock; and related problems.
· You will perform data analysis on stores records and recommends remedial actions for reported non-usable, slow moving, and excess stock (E&O).
· You will assist Inventory Control Analyst in monthly scrap reports.
· You will assist in receiving purchase orders from external warehouse and any resolve purchase order discrepancies by communicating with buyers regarding the issue.
· You will review records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine adequacy of stock levels.
· You will perform work for special and periodic inventory cycle count process
· You will trace history location for items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies.
· You will follow work procedure, work schedules, and expedite workflow and oral instructions.
· You will complete duties and ensure work is exact, neat, and conforms to policies and procedures.
· You will prepare individual inventory control reports for supervisor’s composite reports.
· You will assist Inventory Supervisor in preparing for yearly physical inventory program
· You will maintain a positive attitude and supports Eaton culture.
· You will perform other related duties as assigned, including but not limited to Area Rotations, and attending Training Courses.
Eaton has announced its intent to spinoff its Lighting Business into publicly traded company (“SpinCo”). This transaction is expected to be completed by the end of 2019 and this position is expected to remain with SpinCo. The compensation and benefits that will initially be offered for this position are based on Eaton’s plans, programs and practices. The Lighting Business is in the process of developing its total rewards philosophy, strategy and structure, including the design of its benefits and annual and long-term incentive plans that will take effect when SpinCo becomes a publicly traded company. If you are offered and accept this position and are actively employed by the Lighting Business when SpinCo becomes an independent, publicly traded company, you will be eligible to participate in SpinCo’s compensation, health, welfare, and retirement benefit plans and programs and should have no expectations that SpinCo’s plans and programs will mirror or be substantially similar to Eaton’s.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Associate degree from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a unionized, manufacturing environment
• Solid Microsoft Office proficiency – MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
• No relocation is offered for this position. All candidates must currently reside within 60 miles of Vicksburg, Mississippi to be considered.
• Must be authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future
• Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or Business Administration
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a unionized, manufacturing environment
• SAP experience
• Supply Chain or Logistics professional certifications and training
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No