Eaton’s Aerospace division is currently seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Middlesex, NC facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will partner leadership team to provide a collaborative and productive employee relations environment including regular communications, employee training, conflict resolution and consistent policy administration
- You will lead the roll-out and implementation of human resource initiatives such as employee survey, performance management process, rewards and recognition programs and organizational capability assessment
- You will recruit, assess, and select top talent in a timely manner, by partnering with the corporate recruiting resources and hiring managers for both hourly and salaried positions.
- You will partner with Operations Team to maintain appropriate staffing levels and make headcount recommendations to the plant manager for both full-time and contingent workforce needs
- You will lead and/or participate in the investigation of employee concerns, EHS incidents, and ethics reports and report to division and corporate stakeholders as required
- You will lead employee engagement teams to drive organizational priorities through employees by involvement
- You will ensure that performance management practices are fully integrated and that the processes are completed to raise the performance bar by improving the overall quality of goals, development and feedback
- You will lead actions to drive and sustain cultural change that aligns the organization with the Eaton Values and Philosophies by diagnosing gaps between current and desired state and deploy actions to resolve the gap
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 2 years of human resources experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in HR or related field from an accredited institution and/or certification
- Leadership experience in high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organized, detailed oriented and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Exceptional listening skills and self-motivation are essential
- Administer and monitor corrective action procedures to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all employees
- Represent the plant in matters relating to unemployment and workers’ compensation hearings, and EEOC investigations
- Coordinate activity through HR Services organization for disability, new hire onboarding, recruitment, performance management, training documentation, and other services as needed
- Administer compensation programs to assure competitive pay practices through general wage analysis of Amarillo for hourly and merit increases for salaried employees
- Lead compliance with all federal, state and local labor and employment law requirements at site level
- Maintain and communicate HR metrics as required, to facility, division and/or corporate HR groups
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time