Havant, Hampshire/United Kingdom
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 99,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our HAVANT production site in the UK, reporting to the Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for issuing the production plan to meet customer requirements, detecting and resolving potential shortages and capacity issues, in collaboration with the materials team.
Your key deliverables:
- Review the 5-day forecast and plan production with support of manufacturing team
- Release work orders to the manufacturing area
- Ensure required documentation and/or system transactions are executed to allocate, purchase, internally manufacture or reschedule material as required
- Review potential missed lines and work with stakeholder for recovery plan
- Daily contact with customer services through weekly order status reports and responses to expedite/de-expedite/cancellation requests
- Daily update of past due and OTD plant trackers
- Plan capacity of the manufacturing area against order book
- Issue sales forecast for short and medium term, challenge bottleneck to obtain optimized sales plan
- Map out and plan the inventory of the manufacturing area
- Analyze data to determine opportunities to decrease inventory, improve customer service levels and reduce total costs through regular review of Inventory planning parameters that includes Min & Max values, number of Kanbans, reorder point, safety stock and lot sizes (order quantities)
- Issue cycle count targets to the line, manage result and investigate variances
- Review and investigate Excess stock and obsolescence and manage disposal
- Participate to calls and escalation meetings with customer representative on behalf of the manufacturing area
- Ensure accurate planning data parameters of items (order policies, safety stock level, make/buy, lead-times for manufactured parts)
- Maintain the accuracy and validity of the item master and related planning data in the ERP system through regular reviews of the item planning data
- Coming with relevant professional expertise in the manufacturing industry?
- Knowledgeable of ERP MRP systems? (MFG Pro is a plus)
- Experienced in material/production scheduling and six-sigma?
- Detail orientated, with advanced analytical skills?
- A strong communicator, able to work effectively within different teams?
- Skilled in negotiation?
- Results focused, with a problem-solving approach?
- Proficient in Microsoft Office?
- CPIM (Certified in Production and Inventory Management) is preferable, but not mandatory
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Great career opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values – We are more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy may be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No