Lead Technician - Test Lab Aerospace
Job Title: Engineer - Lead Technician#71960
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to a Lead Technician in Eaton India Innovation Center (EIIC) based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role will be responsible to ensure timely testing of Aerospace group products through setup, installation and on-time completion of accurate product testing in accordance with specific test procedures as defined by the product engineering function at Vehicle Group engineering divisions globally. The position requires to :
a) Perform test setups based on specific and standard test processes for Aerospace products
b) Lead test request completion according to with minimal down time and timely reporting of observations
c) Implementation of corrective action to test setups as required by established lab procedures or test requests, or when performance falls below acceptable limits
d) Communicate test programs with engineering appropriately to clarify purpose of testing and the results of ongoing tests
e) Take ownership of small projects, develop custom fixtures & continuously improve their skill set
f) Maintain close liaison with other technicians to standardize lab practices within group and with other groups in facility to ensure a safe working environment and to complete test projects with a high degree of quality and efficiency
g) Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab that is a showpiece for customer visits. Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose
h) Strive to meet test lab performance targets established in Balanced Score Card and ensure ISO compliance
Your essential responsibilities:
1. Complete test requests according to specified test orders with a high degree of quality and in a timely manner.
2. Perform test setups and maintain test stands for optimum performance through TPM methodologies in completion of specific and standard test processes.
3. Implement corrective action to test setups as required by established lab procedures, or when performance falls below acceptable limits, or as required by specific test orders.
4. Communicate test programs with engineering when appropriate to clarify purpose of testing and the required test results.
5. Document and organize test results per standard electronic format for simple retrieval of test history and corresponding data. Articulating and generating good technical reports based on test observations
6. Ensure all instruments are calibrated before they are used in test stand per standard test lab procedure.
7. Complete all internal inspection requests as required by engineering.
8. Drive and measure performance of individual efforts to achieve balanced scorecard goals established for the test lab.
9. Maintain a clean and safe working environment in the test lab in alignment with the established safety practices. .Continually work to improve the presentation of the lab for this purpose.
If you are:
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with over 6 years of experience in relevant hands on experience in Hydraulics R&D Testing
- Past experience in R&D testing is most desirable. Preferably Hydraulics, Pumps, Valves and morors
- Awareness of testing i.e. test rigs, data acquisition, inspection etc.
- Awareness and experience in following Safety & Quality Management Practices
- Experience on fault identification and propose corrective actions
- Clear understanding about sensors, electronic components of DAQ & control software i.e. LabVIEW etc.
- Past experience in problem solving & continuous improvement through LEAN tool deployment for test equipment utilization and cost savings
- Proven experience in deploying TPM for R&D lab test equipment machinery and experience in ISO 9001:2008, deployment to meet quality objectives
· Drive for Result
· Has a strong bottom-line orientation
· Persists in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks
· Has a track record of exceeding goals successfully
· Pushes self and helps others achieve results. Strives to achieve results efficiently and can be counted on to exceed goals successfully
· Demonstrates commitment to the safety, security, and well-being of employees
· Proactively identifies risks, hazards, and threats and takes appropriate actions to resolve them
· Provides appropriate resources, skills, and management talent to improve safety
· Uses annual planning to set goals, plan, and monitor progress throughout the year. Adheres to Safety policies and ensures safety of self and others in the facility
· Customer Focus
· Gains insight into customer needs
· Identifies opportunities that benefit the customer
· Builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations
· Establishes and maintains effective customer relationships
· Decision quality
· Makes sound decisions, even in the absence of complete information
· Relies on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment when making decisions
· Considers all relevant factors and uses appropriate decision-making criteria and principles
· Recognizes when a quick solution will suffice. makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
· Interpersonal savvy
· Relates comfortably with people across levels, functions, culture, and geography
· Acts with diplomacy and tact
· Builds rapport in an open, friendly, and accepting way
· Builds constructive relationships with people both similar and different to self
· Picks up on interpersonal and group dynamics. relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport
· Effective Communication
· Is effective in a variety of communication settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, or among diverse styles and position levels
· Attentively listens to others
· Adjusts to fi t the audience and the message
· Provides timely and helpful information to others across the organization
· Encourages the open expression of diverse ideas and opinions. Communicates effectively at different levels
· Pursues everything with the drive to accomplish objectives; is proactive.
· Conveys optimism about the future and its possibilities
· Believes strongly, cares deeply, and communicates how he/she feels
· Translates passion into emotional connectivity that drives and inspires others
· Takes personal responsibility for decisions, actions and failures
· Makes and keeps commitments by holding self and others accountable
· Sets expectations high and galvanizes the organization to achieve them
· Empowers decision making and execution
· Eliminates waste at every opportunity
· Treats time as a scarce resource and invests in it prudently
· Effectively prioritizes and acts with speed and focus
· Has the courage to push for and accept ideas to do things better and faster
· Fosters an open and trusting environment, treats others with respect
· Communicates openly about decisions and the basis for those decisions
· Encourages candid, non-political dialogue and feedback
· Shares information about successes and failures in a timely fashion
· Receives difficult information professionally without assigning blame
· Displays a self-awareness of behavior and its impact on others
· Actively seeks new ways to grow and be challenged
· Learns quickly when facing new situations
· Views mistakes as opportunities to learn; seeks feedback and asks for help
· Is adaptable and open to new ways of operating; embraces change
· Solicits input from employees who may have different perspectives
· Creates an atmosphere that encourages employees to speak up about ethics concerns
· Is a role model for honesty, integrity, and ethical decision making in all circumstances
· Holds himself/herself and others accountable for demonstrating ethical behavior
- Establishes and reinforces clear expectations for integrity
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time