Junior Hardware Engineer
Eaton's Electrical Division has an opening for a
Junior Hardware Engineer
The MTL Business Unit is part of Eaton’s Crouse Hinds series portfolio, manufacturing electrical products to control, operate and protect assets in harsh and hazardous environments. Our products are used in all types of locations (hazardous and general), from offshore oil and gas platforms, power production plants and petrochemical installations to pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and other manufacturing/process plants.
Your key deliverables:
This role is for a graduate hardware engineer working for a mix of products ranging from low volume, high value rugged industrial workstations, to high volume intrisically safe isolators/barriers. With a passion for Engineering, you will have active involvement in the development and review of product designs and the implementation of innovative hardware concepts. You will ideally have experience of both both analog and digital hardware design.
- Development and sustaining of a diverse range of products.
- Active participation in a culture of continuous improvement, refining and defining procedures and processes to ensure good quality product meeting cost and time-to-market objectives. A Six-Sigma background would be valuable.
- Active involvement in the development and review of product designs.
- Abiltiy to write clear and unambiguous process and product documentation.
- Adoption of best practices.
- Support concept/bids phase evaluation of projects with respect to task identification/estimation.
- Participation in the definition of product roadmaps.
- Maintaining an awareness of current industry trends and maintaining relationships with suppliers to make best use of emerging technologies.
- Ensuring that Design to Cost, Design for Manufacture and Design for Test best practises are followed.
- Degree level in Electronic Engineering discipline
- Graduate to 3 years of experience
- Analog and/or digital electronics
- A Six-Sigma background would be valuable
- Excellent problem solving skills
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
Excellent working environment – safety and ethics is important for us
Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important.
Learning & Development - we invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Eaton is a power management company with 2018 sales of $21.6 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 95,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No